We have all seen those bathroom drawers overflowing with products and styling utensils. What do you really need? What should you have? Here are a few must-haves for your hair care.
- Leave in Conditioner: Multi-purpose and affordable, leave-in conditioner is a must-have for everyone. The advantages of this product is that it helps to detangle knots, allows easier combing of wet and dry hair, and keeps hair hydrated. This type of conditioner can be used to prepare hair for styling. Leave-in conditioner can also protect hair when applied before and after swimming in a pool or ocean.
- Correct Brush for your Hair Type: many people speak highly of their boar bristle brushes. The natural boar bristle brush leaves hair smooth and adds some volume when used correctly. Find a brush that works well with your hair, and if you don’t know, ask your stylist. Each type of brush does something different for certain style and effects, so having the right one for you is essential.
- Dry Shampoo: A must-have that is a time-saver and money-saver. If you don’t have time to wash your hair, or want to cut back on full shampoos, dry shampoo can be your best friend. We have all heard that washing hair everyday isn’t good for us anyway. Dry shampoos can add volume, as well as deal with any oils that have accumulated over time. This product will help spread out shampoos, while keeping your hair looking fresh.
- Regular Shampoo and Conditioner: Picking the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type is extremely important for healthy hair. For example, moisturizing products are good for those who colour their hair. You can only use dry shampoo so often, and there are times you really do need to do a full cleaning. We are also including deep conditioning masks in this section. These masks come in different styles and have different ingredients. Masks protect hair, as well as moisturize, revive, and restore condition to hair. Deep conditioning usually needs to be done only once a week.
- Curling Iron and Flat Iron: When it comes to utensils, higher quality of the item means better results. Not all high-quality irons are expensive, so take your time and get the best one you can. Both curling and flat irons have special uses, and create different looks. Flat irons smooth and straighten, where curling irons do just that, curl, add volume and structure hair. Having one of each of these irons will help you maintain a variety of hair styles. (Remember the leave-in conditioner or heat-protecting products if you use irons or blow dryers often.)
- High Quality Blow-Dryer: Even if you are a fan of air-drying hair, sometimes there is a need for something more. Ask your stylist if there is a type of blow-dryer best suited to your hair and style. Keep in mind, this item isn’t just used to dry hair. A dryer can also help set a style or add much needed volume. It can assist in the straightening of unruly hair. You may in interested in getting an Ionic hair dryer. These dryers are known for drying hair faster (deals with negative and positive charges in your hair,) making it shiny and even fighting static.